There are a number of topics I want to discuss here over the next couple months. I wanted to give you a preview of what they will be:
- Characteristics of a Christian, this would be the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. It is based on the text in Galatians 5:22-23. Be looking for posts on this topic soon.
- Continuation of my Spirit of Food Series.
- My sewing journey - I have my first lesson on Wednesday to make a tote bag at The Tin Thimble. I want to share what I learn here. I've been using Stitch by Stitch to help me.
- A discussion of the legacy I am leaving - what do I want others to remember about me when I'm no longer here?
- Book review on "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I can’t bring myself to spend $10 on the Kindle version, so I am in line to borrow it from my sister, Heather (she has a wait list).
- My yearlong study on the book of Acts begins in September with Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). BSF is a non-profit, non-denominational organization that was created 50 years ago by A. Wetherell Johnson. It exists to teach participants how to study the Bible on their own. The classes are incredibly structured and are based on a 4 point structure: study the Bible on your own, discuss it in a small group, listen to a lecture on the lesson studied, and review lesson notes. I have been attending for about 1 1/2 years and I am really happy it is starting back up.
- Travel adventures Anthony and I plan to have. We are going to the Monterey area in October and I will be blogging about our trip there and others we take.
- Recipes! I have quite a few different recipes I want to share here. The holiday season is coming up soon and I can’t wait to start baking. In fact, I already did.
- Saving for a new car...is this something only teens do or are there adults that save up to buy cars?
- This one is up to you! What topics would you like to read about?
I'm linked to Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday blog carnival: