Confession: I have never speed dated. I've also never been on a blind date. I only went on one date before dating and marrying my Hubster. That guy is now my brother-in-law, Caleb. It's actually a pretty funny story. Maybe I'll tell it here someday.
photo credit: anthonyprice
- I'm a perfectionist that tries to be creative and make stuff. You can see how this can be a problem.
- When I cook, experiments abound.
- Headbands and even pony tails give me a headache. Always.
- I can't stand clipping my finger nails with clippers, but I still do it.
- I haven't bit my nails (I know, bad habit...) since February when I started painting them with polish. Thanks Jessica (aka Polish & Pout)!
- Sometimes I feel like I'm the plainest person in the world. Like Sarah, Plain and Tall.
- I have light blonde eyelashes and eyebrows, which means I look tired or sick if I don't wear mascara/draw in my brows.
- I have never gone to the Grand Canyon and I really want to.
- I've never felt as hipster as I do today: maxi skirt, Tom's shoes and a scarf.
- I have always wanted to travel to some of the European & Scandinavian countries (Great Britain, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, etc.)
- We might go to London this fall! WOO HOO!
- I can't stand the phrase: nom nom or om nom nom when talking about food. It disgusts me.
- I am easily amused, especially by commercials with animals in them.
- I am the oldest of 4 kids in my family and the oldest of all 15 grandchildren in the extended family.
- I'm pretty much late wherever I go, which is a pet peeve of mine. Go figure.
- I love the old cartoons: Flinstones, Meet the Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc.
- I'm really picky about movies I like. Pretty much if I stick with Disney or "family friendly" films, I'll like the movie. Get outside of those parameters and I probably won't like it.
- I like meeting new people.
- I love asking people questions, even though it can seem like I'm interrogating them.
- I have been known to have engaged in an activity for the primary purpose of blogging about it. In fact, that's how Nicole got me to watch Downton Abbey!
- I have a challenging time remembering the faithfulness of God and that He always, always knows what's best for me.
- I am learning that my timing does not coincide with God's. Pretty much all of the time.
- I'm also learning that Jesus freaking rocked it. He was and is so amazing.
- If I read a book, I feel compelled to finish it even if I hate it.
- This summer, I'm permitting myself to not finish a book and move on.
- Last week we went to the library to check out a bunch of the books, Anne (aka Modern Mrs. Darcy) shared with her Ultimate Beach Reading: Summer Reading Guide. And I had a wonderful time.
- I just finished Julie and Julia and enjoyed it, minus the cussing.
What about you? What would your speed dating list look like?
Linking up here: