I wanted to share my best posts of 2011, so here they are!
Top 10 Pet Peeves in Cubicle World
This post is inspired by TRUE events that occur in my office. I work in a six story office downtown that has about 1,000 people working in it.
- Bathrooms – Please clean up after yourself. This includes turning around and ensuring the toilet area is nice and tidy for the next person to enter the stall. Oh, and wash your hands; I can see you from inside the stalls!
- Loud phone talkers – Seriously, I do not want to know about your personal life that much. Your friend/family/etc. probably doesn’t want to hear about it either. Please go to a quiet room and talk about your gripes, family drama, and most importantly: personal medical issues, I can’t take it!
- Cutting the cake - If you are charged with cutting a birthday/celebration cake, do NOT lick your fingers after every...single... slice. We all saw you do it and drank a bottle of hand sanitizer after eating that cake.
- Compressed air – When you spray compressed air to get rid of the dust on top of your desk, it goes back in the air and settles right back down. Grab a damp towel and wipe off the dust. Dispose in the garbage. This method actually gets rid of the dust. (these people are probably the ones with the leaf blowers who blow stuff into the street and don't actually pick it up, sheesh)
- Microwaves – If your food explodes or boils over, no one is going to clean it up. Please do the courteous thing and clean up after yourself. Your mom doesn't work in our office.
To continue reading this list, click here.