A few months ago, I wrote how I had made a yarn wreath with felt flowers. I thought that it might be helpful to share a few tips I have gained from making 100+ of these flowers. Here are the instructions on the felt flowers:
1. Create a worksurface that is near an electrical outlet to plug in your glue gun and gather your supplies: glue gun, scissors, and felt.
2. Cut the felt in the sizes you desire.
3. Take one of the pieces and round the edges.
4. Begin cutting a wavy line about a 1/2" wide all the way around the felt.
5. Be careful to keep the piece in a continuous line.
6. Take one end of the felt and tightly twist into a circular flower.
7. Patience will help you during this process as it may unravel, or fall out of your hands. Ask me how I know this!
8. Once the flower is wrapped, cut a piece of the leftover felt into a round back.
9. Add glue to the back of the flower and affix the round back.
10. Admire your handiwork or make a few more to place on a wreath!